Advisory Service Line Leader
Ernst & Young, Caribbean
Government & Public Sector
Ernst & Young
Governments within the Caribbean have been tasked in rolling out various programs for their citizens who have been impacted due to the COVID-19 pandemic. How prepared are they from a technology and process readiness standpoint in terms of responding and supporting their citizens timely and effectively?
Find out how a workflow-based platform can help in automating and streamlining the end-to-end grants management process – from registration and, on-boarding to disbursal of grants while adhering to the regulatory guidelines and compliance and minimizing fraud.
This webinar recording features Colin Soo Ping Chow, Advisory Service Line Leader, Ernst & Young, Caribbean, John Outridge, Government & Public Sector, Ernst & Young & Arpan Bansal Global Head - Government Practice, Newgen Software; to get insights from our experts who have extensive experience in supporting many Governments globally in their grants and benefits management programs.
Agenda of this webinar:
- Challenges related to existing grant and benefits management
- The need of workflow-based case management system for a successful implementation
- Ways to expedite the grants application and approval process
- Tips to streamline the KYC and fund disbursement process
- Reporting and controls on usage and transfers of the grants to reduce administrative errors and fraud
- Walkthrough of Newgen’s grant and benefits management solution